- International non-proprietary name: Sildenafil
- Manufacturer: Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Country of origin: India
- Expiration date: 3 years
- Dosage form: 100 mg film-coated tablets
- What is the price? – Average price start from 1.50 USD per pill
The tablets are green, diamond-shaped, film-coated, engraved with “ap” on one side and “KGR 100” on the other.
What is the composition of the medicine?
One tablet contains the active substance – sildenafil citrate 140.500 mg equivalent to sildenafil 100 mg, excipients: sodium starch glycolate (type A), povidone (PVPK 30), isopropyl alcohol, microcrystalline cellulose, talc, magnesium stearate, shell: Opadry II 85F510003 green, purified water – Removed during the production process.
The composition includes: polyethylene glycol, diamond blue FCF aluminum varnish, quinoline yellow aluminum varnish, polyvinyl alcohol, titanium dioxide (E 171), talc.
What are the indications for Kamagra?
Erectile dysfunction, characterized by an inability to achieve or maintain an erection of the penis sufficient for satisfactory intercourse. Kamagra is effective only when there is a sexual stimulation.
How to take it and dosage
To avoid complications, use strictly as directed by your doctor! Kamagra should be taken as needed approximately one hour before intercourse. The recommended dose of the drug is 50 mg and is taken before meals. Based on the effectiveness and tolerability of the drug, its dose can be increased to 100 mg or reduced to 25 mg. The maximum recommended dose of the drug is 100 mg. The maximum recommended frequency of drug intake is 1 time per day. Renal failure In case of mild to moderate renal failure (creatinine clearance 30-80 ml / min), the recommended dose adjustment is not required. Due to the fact that in patients with severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance <30 ml / min), the clearance of sildenafil is reduced, it is necessary in such cases to reduce the dose to 25 mg. Hepatic impairment In patients with impaired liver function, the dose of Kamagra can be reduced to 25 mg. Elderly patients In elderly patients, dose adjustment is not required. Pediatric patients Kamagra is not indicated for use in patients under the age of 18 years. Use in patients taking other drugs When used together with ritonavir, the maximum single dose of the drug should be 25 mg, no more than 1 time within 48 hours. When used together with cytochrome P450 3A4 inhibitors (such as erythromycin, saquinavir, ketoconazole, itraconazole) the initial dose of the drug is 25 mg. In order to reduce the risk of postural arterial hypotension in patients undergoing treatment with alpha-blockers, the condition of patients receiving alpha-blockers should be stabilized. In addition, the use of the drug should be considered starting with a dose of 25 mg.
Are there any contraindications?
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug
- simultaneous administration of drugs that are donors of nitric oxide (amyl nitrite) or nitrates in any form
- simultaneous reception with guanylate cyclase stimulants (riociguat)
- severe hepatic impairment
- hereditary degenerative diseases of the retina (for example, hereditary retinitis pigmentosa (a small number of these patients have hereditary dysfunctions of retinal phosphodiesterases))
- loss of vision in one eye due to anterior non-arteritic ischemic neuropathy of the optic nerve, regardless of whether this episode was associated with previous use of a PDE-5 inhibitor or not
- arterial hypotension (blood pressure <90/50 mm Hg)
- severe cardiovascular disease (eg, severe heart failure, unstable angina)
- myocardial infarction suffered in the last 6 months
- a stroke suffered in the last 6 months
- concomitant use with inhibitors of the isoenzyme CYP3A4 (for example, ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, erythromycin, saquinavir, clarithromycin)
- concomitant use of drugs for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension (bosentan, iloprost) and drugs containing sildenafil or any other PDE-5 inhibitor
- men with rare hereditary galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome
- concomitant use with other oral or topical agents for the treatment of erectile dysfunction
Precautions: anatomical deformity of the penis (including angulation, cavernous fibrosis or Peyronie’s disease) diseases that predispose to the development of priapism (such as sickle cell anemia (anomaly of red blood corpuscles), multiple myeloma (bone marrow cancer) or leukemia (cancer of blood cells)) problems with blood clotting (hemophilia) diseases accompanied by bleeding exacerbation of gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer concurrent administration with drugs of the alpha-blocker group
According to the registered indication, the drug is not intended for use in children and adolescents under the age of 18 and in women.
What about the side effects of Kamagra?
Very often – headache.
- color distortion of vision (chloropsia, chromatopsia, cyanopsia, erythropsia, xanthopsia), visual impairment, blurred vision
- hyperemia, hot flashes
- nasal congestion
- dyspepsia, nausea Uncommon
- drowsiness, hypesthesia
- disorders associated with lacrimation (dry eyes, dysfunction of the lacrimal gland, increased lacrimation), eye pain, photophobia, photopsia, hyperemia of the eye vessels, brightness of visual perception, conjunctivitis
- spatial disorientation (vertigo), tinnitus
- tachycardia, palpitations
- arterial hypertension, arterial hypotension
- nosebleeds, congestion of the paranasal sinuses
- pain in the upper abdomen, gastroesophageal reflux disease, vomiting, dry mouth
- myalgia, pain in the limbs
- chest pain, increased fatigue, feeling of heat
- increased heart rate
- acute disturbance of cerebral circulation, transient ischemic attack, convulsive seizure, recurrent seizure, fainting
- anterior non-arteritic ischemic neuropathy of the optic nerve, occlusion of retinal vessels, retinal hemorrhage, arteriosclerotic retinopathy, retinal disease, glaucoma, visual field defect, diplopia, decreased visual acuity, myopia, asthenopia, floating opacities of the vitreous membrane, iris disease iridescent circles in the field of vision, eye swelling, eye swelling, visual disturbance, conjunctival hyperemia, eye irritation, unusual sensation in the eye, eyelid edema, discoloration of the sclera
- sudden cardiac death, myocardial infarction, ventricular arrhythmia, atrial fibrillation, unstable angina
- a feeling of tightness in the throat, swelling of the nose, dryness of the nasal mucosa
- oral hypesthesia
- Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis
- bleeding from the penis, priapism, hematospermia, increased erection
- irritability side effects registered only during post-registration observation.
Prescription drug information is for professional use only. The information provided should not be used by patients to make an independent decision on the use of the presented medications and cannot serve as a substitute for an in-person consultation with a doctor.
What is the main reason to prescribe Kamagra?
Stimulants that help men return to active sex are well known throughout the world. Every year the number of men who are faced with the need to use medication to maintain their erectile function is increasing. Pharmaceutical companies responded with Kamagra which has proven to be effective and safe in practice. With the help of this small pill, millions of men have been able to regain their confidence in their abilities, as well as get full pleasure from sex.
Decreased sexual activity often leads to the fact that spontaneous sex disappears from the man’s arsenal. Kamagra helps to bring the zest back to sex life. Kamagra tablets and gel in a suitable dosage allow to ensure the full readiness of the penis for intercourse. After taking the medication, nitric oxide begins to accumulate in the tissues, which makes it possible to increase the concentration of guanosine monophosphate. It is this component that helps to relax the blood vessels, filling the pelvic organs with blood.
The drug is intended for oral administration. It is used on an empty stomach, which allows for a quick effect, but can be taken after meals. It will take 40-60 minutes for Kamagra to work. During the intake, you should use a sufficient amount of water, which will ensure the rapid absorption of the active substance in the body. The action of the substance lasts for 4-6 hours from the moment of administration. Each dose of the drug is used only after 24 hours. Sexual stimulation is required to get an erection. The drug is not recommended for use in conjunction with alcoholic beverages.